India’s largest rail-cum-road bridge is ready for it’s inauguration. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Bogibeel Bridge. —-WATCH VIDEO AND LIVE UPDATE
By Anil Poddar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to inaugurate the Bogibeel bridge in Assam today, in a bid to commemorate the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the man who commenced the project.
The bridge, which spans over the Brahmaputra, is India’s longest rail-cum-road bridge, and will connect Dibrugarh on the south bank to Dhemaji in the north.
The Bogibeel bridge was first sanction on January 22, 1997 under the H D Devegowda government, and the then Prime Minister had laid the foundation stone.
However, construction did not begin until PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee inaugurated the project in 2002.
In 2007, the bridge was given the status of a national project, and it was slated to be completed by 2009. However, it faced several delays.
- PM Modi inaugurated India’s longest rail-cum-road bridge
- flagged off Tinsukia -Naharlagun express
- PM Modi walking on bridge and waving people
- All Assam Ahom Sabha (AAAS), has welcomed the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the Bogibeel bridge.
- PM Modi landed at Mohan Bari Airport
- The first train to Naharlagun will be flagged of by PM from the meeting venue at North bank at Kareng Chapori.
- PM is likely to arrive Mohanbari airport by Special Airforce Aircraft at 1:25pm.
- PM is likely to inaugurate Bogibeel bridge at 2pm and proceed to north bank via the bridge by car.
- He will address the public at Kareng Chapori and return to Delhi via Mohanbari.