By Anil Poddar
A police officer lost his life While two suspected ULFA (Independent) militants were reportedly killed as security forces stepped up operations against militants along the Assam-Arunachal border in Assam’s Tinsukia district on Friday.
According to Source, an encounter have been reported between a joint Army and police team and suspected ULFA(I) militants at Kujupathar, Konapathar and Khermethia areas along the Assam-Arunachal border in Tinsukia district Friday evening.
Sources further said that the Officer in Charge of Bordumsa PS Bhaskar Kalita, who has received bullet injuries lost his life.
There are also reports of two grenade blasts amid the heavy exchange of firearms.
Till filling of this report the following is the update of incident
- The OC , Bordumsa, Bhaskar Kalita lost his life in the encounter.
- Two ulfa cadres killed by the security forces in the encounter.
- Two women cadres of ulfa nabbed by police.
- Seven member group of ulfa cadres involved in the encounter.
- Search operation is still on in the area